Director of Development
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Help change the world in a positive manner, providing Strenght, Stablity, and Self-reliance to families through affordable Homeownership!”
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks a Director of Development based in Wheaton IL.
Full time salaried with benefits
We make possible the dream of home ownership for low income families. By creating an affordable mortgage, typically much less than average rental rates in the market area, we provide stability and an increase in disposable income by 20-30% or more. That increase results in outcomes that most average and above income makers take for granted. These outcomes include: The ability to adequately feed the household; having safe and healthy living conditions; providing for a supportive educational environment that leads to increased rates of high school graduation and college degrees; having health care coverage; being involved in the community; and ultimately providing an increased sense of hope. This game changer is the best method to break the cycle of generational poverty.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing organization. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. works in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders to build affordable housing that fits the community. The houses are sold to qualifying families at no profit and with an interest free mortgage. DuPage Habitat is in the midst of substantial growth and development. We are a midsized affiliate with an aggressive growth plan that will more than double the number of families we served since 1995 in the next three years. We are seeking to make a long-term impact on the supply of affordable housing in DuPage County and the lives of Habitat homeowners.
We are seeking to find an individual who will be a key part of the organization’s leadership, working the plan and developing the team to take the affiliate to the next level and to be the leading provider and advocate for affordable housing in DuPage County and a huge influence in the Chicagoland area. The successful candidate will steward our existing donor relationships, create new relationships, and build coalitions that will increase our ability to serve more families annually.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Plans, directs, and coordinates all Development activities, major fundraising activities and special projects, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Fund Raising – Establishes short- and long-range goals for funding sources and enlists support from the Board of Directors and executive staff. Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to a variety of donors. Researches public and private grant sources (agencies, corporations and foundations) to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding. Works with program staff to develop funding related projects and special events. Organizes individual donor campaigns (e.g., major donors, direct mail and board of directors). Organizes solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
2. Major Gift/Donor Support – Produce major donor, board and special category
materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts when possible. Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits.
3. Planned Giving Program – Track progress of pending Legacy and Bequest gifts. Fulfill requests, produce correspondences and encourage partial/early disbursement where appropriate.
4. Database and Records Management – Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining Raiser’s Edge and paper records of contributors and grants. Maintain security and quality controls. Generate queries, reports, exports and any other collection data as needed. Manage any related vendors.
5. Development & Public Relations – Supervises most development and public affairs matters, particularly the creation of various communications such as the annual report, general boilerplate, general PowerPoint presentations, government relations, executive correspondences and speeches. Produces general content for website.
6. Financial Reporting – Maintain accurate accounting of all unrestricted income and its sources. Interface with team and Finance to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
7. Dedicate on-going attention to personal professional development.
Directly supervises three staff along with AmeriCorps Members, part time volunteer staff, and interns in the Development Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees and volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
will have the following qualifications:
* Familiarity with Habitat for Humanity and affordable housing;
* At least 5 years of nonprofit
experience, preferably with both direct donation and capital campaign experience.
* Ability to provide outstanding and inspirational leadership
* Strong annual report, newsletter and grant writing skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills; excellent oral communication and ability to participate in public speaking events.
* Excellent written communication, research, and organizational skills.
* Ability to develop and manage budgets and assist in the preparation of financial reports.
* Strong computer skills with experience in fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
* Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for fundraising and working with people.
The successful applicant will work well in diverse teams and with varied constituencies. S/he will be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be able to handle several projects at one time. S/he will have good judgment and, ideally, a sense of humor.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Habitat for Humanity is an international organization serving over 1 million people annually around the world. It is an federated network of locally run affiliates each with its own volunteer Board of Directors and staff. DuPage Habitat is one of 8 affiliates in the Chicagoland area. Habitat for Humanity has been named Brand of the Year in the social services nonprofit category based on the 2016 Harris Poll EquiTrend® Equity Score. This is the second consecutive year the global nonprofit has been recognized for its strength in brand equity. In addition, Habitat for Humanity earned the distinction of being named the Most Loved and Most Trusted brand within its category this year.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing organization. Habitat for Humanity Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat brings people together to build homes, community and hope. Our vision is A world where everyone has a decent place to live. We build homes that are sold to qualifying families with a price structure so that no more than 30% of their household income is used for their mortgage payment.
The ReStore, located in Addison, takes donations of new & gently used building materials and sells them to the general public. The proceeds are used to fund DuPage Habitat’s mission of providing affordable housing. The DuPage Habitat ReStore was launched in July 2011 near Route 53 and North Avenue in Addison, IL, in a warehouse space of 25,000 square feet. The ReStore is run by a staff of nine employees and over 40 volunteers. In order to grow the ReStore it is of great importance to spread awareness of the ReStore and what it provides.
1600 E. Roosevelt Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187