Martha Graham Dance Company
Director of Individual Giving
Martha Graham Dance Company seeks a self-motivated and entrepreneurial professional to join its development team. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, who leads the Company’s development effort, the Director of Individual Giving will assume responsibility for cultivating new donors and other sources of individual support, maintaining donor relationships, developing and managing donor programs, directing special events, and working with the Board of Trustees to increase its members’ fundraising capacity. The Director of Individual Giving will receive support from the Development Associate. The Assistant to the Executive Director will coordinate development teamwork flow, schedules, and activity. This group will function as one cohesive department, dedicated to the advancement of the Graham Company and its School.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
· Support the Board of Trustees, Executive Director, and Artistic Director in their outreach to and cultivation of individual donors
· Cultivate current and new Board members and coordinate Board giving
· Cultivate corporate leaders and public servants
· Help maintain existing donor relationships and develop new contacts
· Help frame the Company case for funding for artistic, production, educational, and organizational projects
· Working with the Company marketing team, create development collateral material
· Take particular responsibility for cultivating relationships with major donors and managing major donor membership programs
· Oversee the tracking and thank-you process for individual gifts
· Direct and realize the organization’s two major special events—the Scholarship Event and Annual Gala
Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum 5 years experience in the field of individual giving and demonstrated success in securing gifts at and beyond the $2,500 level
· Exceptional command of verbal and written English
· Excellent interpersonal and social skills
· Excellent research skills
· Demonstrated results in meeting special events goals
· Familiarity with basic principles of non-profit accounting and database management
· Ability to work as part of a team, with the recognition that members of a small staff must support each other and pitch in to help, sometimes outside of one’s area of responsibility
· Strong project management skills and an ability to motivate co-workers and volunteers
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and fundraising software, DonorPerfect preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the words Individual Development in the Subject line. The process will begin immediately and the new candidate will be in place as soon as possible.
Applications will be accepted by email only.
Martha Graham Dance Company
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Individual Development in the Subject line.
Job Location City:
Job Location State:
Job Location Zip: