**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks an experienced professional to lead its Northwest Regional office in the Bay Area. Working as a critical member of the newly constituted Western Regional team, s/he will be the organization’s lead public representative in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest, overseeing leadership recruitment and engagement as well as fundraising.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s mission is to change both the way American politics and the American Jewish community operate when it comes to Israel and the U.S.-Israel relationship. The regional offices focus on cultivating local leadership to build the organization’s political and Jewish communal power to achieve those goals.
The Regional Director (RD) for the Northwest will be the chief relationship officer and will manage leadership development and recruitment within the region. This includes fundraising, staffing chapter operations, and managing political, policy, and communal relationships throughout the area. The Regional Director should be a skilled strategic planner, effective at multitasking, and a highly organized self-starter. The ideal candidate will have a professional background in fundraising as well as politics and/or the Jewish community.
A successful RD at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. thrives on hitting ambitious goals and is excited about changing the current dynamic surrounding the discussion of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in Congress, politics and the American Jewish community. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to join an organization whose influence and reach are growing enormously year-to-year.
The Northwest Regional Director is part of an eight-person team located throughout the Western U.S. that works closely with, and depends on, local volunteer leaders to achieve fundraising, advocacy, political and communal goals. The RD’s job is an exciting blend of fundraising, leadership development, political advocacy, electoral politics and Jewish community relations. This position calls for frequent travel across the region.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Implementing the strategic plan for the region to achieve fundraising, advocacy, political, and communal goals;
● Working with the Western Regional Operations team to create and shape the specific goals of the region;
● Cultivating and engaging new and existing **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. leaders and donors;
● Working with supporters to build strong advocacy networks geared towards nurturing ongoing relationships with Senators and Members of Congress;
● Building and maintaining relationships within **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and among local supporters with federal campaigns, and raising money and support for JStreetPAC-endorsed candidates; and
● Ensuring **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is appropriately represented at relevant community events, forums, and media opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
● A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in development, as well as politics, advocacy, and/or Jewish communal work;
● A personally engaging style: A master of relationship-building with a positive and proactive approach to working with leadership and other supporters;
● A track record of success in previous fundraising as well as political or Jewish communal work;
● Strong team skills; Able to work collaboratively with colleagues in multiple locations;
● Strong organizational skills; Able to prioritize multiple tasks as well as reconcile competing priorities, conscientious, intentional, trustworthy, and dependable, with an eye for details; and
● A strong commitment to **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s mission and a desire to become policy fluent on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and Middle East politics.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience. Duties may fluctuate based on **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. event and staff travel schedules. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, paid time off on federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k and flexible spending account.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date: