About Chadwick School
Palos Verdes Peninsula, California
TBD Based on degree and years
Full Time - Administration
4 Year Degree
Please apply on the Chadwick website - chadwickschool.org - Click About Us then go Employment
The Development Associate -- Archivist is a key member of the Chadwick School team. Half of this position’s responsibilities are to manage the Chadwick School Archives including the digitization of primary source material to make it available electronically, conducting oral histories, assisting users, and setting and administering policy guidelines concerning public access to the materials. The other half of this position will be assisting with core functions of the development department. This position is responsible for writing acknowledgement letters, preparing reports to endowment and scholarship donors, and website and communications support for development activities. The Development Associate -- Archivist is a direct report to the Director of Development and provides indirect support to the Director of the Annual Fund.
· Oversee day-to-day activities of the Chadwick School Archives including correspondence and inquiries, accurate and complete record keeping of archival materials and cataloguing new items.
· Create and administer policy guidelines including collections acceptance, preservation, and public access policies.
· Create displays of archival material to support Chadwick and community events.
· Manage implementation and use of ArchivesSpace.
· Engage in oral and/or video histories of distinguished Chadwick alumni.
· Draft Development-produced acknowledgement letters, manage the approval and signature process and mail correspondence in a timely manner.
· Assist the Director of the Annual Fund in planning, coordinating and implementing departmental events and activities for Chadwick’s annual fund donors.
· Assist the Director of the Annual Fund in recruiting, training and supporting annual fund volunteers.
· Provide additional support as needed to the Development department and to
Boldly Forward: the Campaign for Chadwick School.
· Responsible for website and communications support to the department including the creation of online forms, uploading photos, assisting with development and alumni newsletters, and assisting with social media for development and alumni activities.
· Execute other duties as assigned.
Education, experience and skill requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Strong preference given to individuals with non-profit, library experience, and/or ACA Certification.
· Excellent analytical, organizational and computer skills.
· Demonstrably strong listening, writing, planning and organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a great attitude and willingness to assist wherever needed.
· Ability to work well under pressure and be responsive to deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
· Competent in Gmail and Goolge. Preference for experience working with databases, Google platforms, and/or collections management software.
· Commitment to the values and mission of Chadwick School.
· High professional and ethical standards for handing confidential information.
· Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed and attend professional conferences and trainings.
· Ability to routinely move boxes, ascend/descend stairs, and access archival storage areas.
Required Assessment: TB Clearances: Livescan Background check
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the position
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Chadwick School
Chadwick is a K-12 coeducational non-denominational independent day school located on a beautiful 45-acre campus on a hill overlooking mountains, canyons and the Pacific Ocean. Founded as a boarding school in the 1930's in what was then a remote area of Los Angeles County, the school has retained its rural charm and relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. Thirty-three faculty and staff families reside on campus, adding to a strong sense of community and shared aspirations. The school is dedicated to academic excellence and to the development of the character and individual gifts of its students. The school’s challenging academic offerings are therefore complemented by extensive programs in community service, outdoor education, athletics and the arts, in which virtually all students participate. Chadwick is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, disability, marital status, medical condition, national origin, religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation and race, or any other applicable law prohibiting discrimination in employment. This commitment applies to all empl
oyees and agents of the school, including the headmaster, division and department directors, supervisors and co-workers.
More Jobs from This Employer
BACK TO TOP
Help is on the way!
We're sorry you are having trouble applying for this job.
Please try loading this job using the following link before submitting your help request:
Please provide details:
Submit Help Request
© National Association of Independent Schools
About Chadwick School