March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
Full Time Regular
The Development Manager is responsible for donor recruitment, development, cultivation, and activation, leading assigned fundraising events, and meeting fundraising objectives of the March of Dimes in the assigned market.
Principle roles and responsibilities include revenue development and volunteer leadership development. The position reports to the Executive Director of Market Development.
* Development Plans, Objectives and Strategies: Increase overall market revenue by implementing core tactics for fundraising events, resulting in aggressive and sustainable year over year growth.
* Prospect Identification and Sales Call Plan: Identify prospects, research and analyze development options in order to predict business opportunities. Review prospect lists and constituent base in order to develop a sales call plan and to schedule appointments with new constituents. Manage a personal portfolio of prospects.
* Lead Referral Development Plan: Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners, or existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain personal introduction to prospective constituents.
* Constituent Presentations: Develop and present sales presentations in order to educate and sell mission engagement opportunities to prospects or constituents.
* Sponsorship Proposals: Research prospects needs, concerns and objectives in order to create effective sponsorship proposals. In partnership with the Senior Development Manager or Executive Director of Market Development, take a lead role on significant sponsorship asks in the market. Drive all sponsors in the market to activate their sponsorship aggressively.
* Recruit and Develop Top Volunteer Leadership: Identify candidates for top volunteer leadership roles. Create plans to gain access to volunteer leadership prospects and candidates. Recruit qualified candidates and articulate goals, outcomes and objectives for performance in order to enable candidates to make good decisions regarding the acceptance of critical revenue generation goals. Ensure event committee structure in place 18 months prior to event, recruiting top-level volunteers from the market s major employers, etc.
* Donor Cultivation: Develop, execute and monitor development strategies to enhance cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
* Constituent Relationships: Make periodic visits, explore specific needs, and resolve problems in order to build and maintain constituent relationships.
* Train Volunteers: Lead volunteers to and understanding of core tactics for fundraising events in order to achieve optimal fundraising outcomes. Coach and guide volunteers in the execution of the event and achievement of expected outcomes.
* Communicate the Mission of the Foundation: Communicate the mission of the March of Dimes with staff, volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and prospective donors with Mission outcomes.
* Optimize Electronic Tools: Utilize electronic data management tools in order to review and analyze pertinent information and monitor financial and mission related results.
* Other Duties: Perform other duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of market financial goals.
* Influence: Able to positively change the opinions and actions of others toward a desired outcome; present information in a persuasive manner; clarify information in order to gain understanding and buy-in.
* Develop Relationships: Able to relate to others and build credibility and rapport; relate to others in an honest and straightforward manner; listen; build one-on-one relationships that incorporate cooperation, trust and respect.
* Verbal Communication: Able to clearly express ideas, information or concerns with the spoken word; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions to open channels of communication; listen to understand the perspectives of others.
* Prioritizing: Able to quickly focus on what is important; establish a sequence of tasks and completion dates; set priorities and allocate time and resources when faced with competing demands.
* Trust and Respect: Able to demonstrate and treat others in an honest and straightforward manner; keep dealings with others confidential; keep word and follow through on commitments.
* Responsiveness: Able to take action to meet the needs of others; response to solve problems; minimize delays or problems with little or no supervision.
* Perseverance: Able to persevere in accomplishing tasks or objectives; commit to long hours of work; be results oriented.
* Deal with Ambiguity: Able to maintain composure and handle frequent job changes or unexpected disruptions; work with conflicting, delayed or unclear information; remain effective when faced with change and uncertainty.
Complexity of Duties and Authority:
* Duties: The duties of this position involve a wide variety of complex and changing situations requiring a high degree of conceptual ingenuity, creativity and initiative. An individual in this position is required to have extensive and authoritative knowledge of the techniques, practices and theories applying to the responsibilities of the job.
* Authority: This position provides input on the goals and activities of the assigned market. Work is reviewed as needed or at the completion of major projects or milestones.
* Quantitative Data: Annual Revenue.
* Personnel Supervised: This position is accountable for the oversight of volunteer engagement pertaining to assigned fundraising activities.
Position Scope, Contacts and Decision-Making:
* Scope: This position contributes to the development of market goals and objectives under the leadership of the Executive Director of Market Development. This position holds a high level of accountability for all activities within his/her functional areas of responsibility that support those market goals and objectives, assuring they are met on time and within budget.
* Contacts: This position represents the March of Dimes as an official spokesperson and provides a high degree of expertise within his/her area and in broad and organizational areas to internal and external contacts. Contacts are critical to motivating, negotiation with, developing and collaborating with others.
* Decision-Making: Decisions, or decisions this position leads in making, have significant impact on fundraising success of the market.
* Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience in increasingly responsible positions.
* Education: Bachelor s degree strongly preferred and/or directly related professional skills and experience.
* Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by car or plane to meetings and training.
* Equipment Used: Computer and Printer, telephone, copier and fax machine.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.
March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
Website : http://www.marchofdimes.com