CUNY Queensborough Community College
Development Grants Specialist
Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Development Grants Specialist
Job ID: 13725
Location: Queensborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Development Grants Specialist will report to the Development Officer and will be a member of the staff of the Office of Institutional Advancement at Queensborough Community College. The Office of Institutional Advancement oversees and supports the college's offices of Development, Alumni Relations, Grants and Sponsored Programs, in addition to the Kupferberg Holocaust Resource Center & Archives (KHRCA), QCC Art Gallery, and the Queens Performing Arts Center (QPAC). The office is also the home of the QCC Fund, Inc. The current funding priorities at Queensborough Community College include high impact learning practices; student support programs; faculty development; and the college's cultural centers (KHRCA, QCC Art Gallery, and QPAC).
The Development Grants Specialist will serve as a grant and proposal writer. This position is responsible for writing proposals and for submitting timely and accurate reports to private and corporate foundations or donors. This position also has responsibilities for identifying potential funding sources such as private and corporate foundations; complying with all grant reporting as required; conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to private and corporate foundations; and generate ideas for funding consistent with the College’s missions, goals, and programs.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop grant proposals for programming;
- Writing, editing, and submitting grant proposals;
- Follow up on grant submissions;
- In consultation with the Development Officer, increase private and corporate foundation funding for the college's programs and initiatives;
- Identify and target grant opportunities;
- Prepare grant reports for funders.
- Non-standard work hours may apply.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
-A documented history of writing successful proposals and obtaining grant funding
-Experience in grants and proposal writing
-Knowledge of various corporate and private foundation funding sources
-Experience in gathering factual information/data about a particular subject
-Excellent writing, communication, and computer/technology skills
-Excellent organizational skills
-Detail and deadline oriented
-Ability to write accurate and compelling proposals based on target audience
-Ability to write quickly
-Experience working within higher education
-Experience with taking ownership of a funding opportunity and cultivating long term relationships with the funder.
It is expected that the successful candidate will:
-Be outcomes-oriented to meet annual goals
-Relate college mission to funding goals and opportunities
-Work effectively with College officials, staff, faculty, and external constituents
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Organizes College grant development programs under management direction.
- Develops grant proposals to foundations and corporations; writes and edits proposals, including budgets and related materials
- Researches and identifies grant opportunities that support College programs and initiatives; matches goals and priorities with grant opportunities
- Tracks grant prospects and submissions; manages grant budgets
- Assists faculty in writing research grant proposals and reports
- Compiles and analyzes data to prepare reports for management and funding sponsors
- Advises faculty and administration of funding opportunities and requirements
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Development Grants Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select Apply Now and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
November 6, 2015. Review of resumes to begin October 21, 2015.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
CUNY Queensborough Community College
Job Location City:
Job Location State:
Job Location Zip:
Fundraising Day in New York 2018
Learn about Fundraising Day in New York 2018. View now>