Assistant Director, Major Gifts
Reporting to the Executive Director of Major Gifts, the Assistant Director is responsible for working with the major gifts team with a focus on planning and leading major gifts events. The successful candidate must have the ability to handle detailed work as well as possess strong organizational, written and interpersonal skills. S/he will meet core and partnership values of teamwork, integrity, accountability, and respect.
1. Provides event planning, production, and administration for the Major Gifts team by negotiating for space contracts, securement of food and beverage, and working with ITG to manage audiovisual equipment needs. Conducts research, makes site visits, and finds resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities. Continuously proposes new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process. Serves as liaison with vendors on event-related matters. Provides post event follow up to review feedback on the events and ways to improve the process.
2. In collaboration with the Executive Director, independently leads planning and execution of a variety of events. Manages event planning needs including preparation of reports and materials. Oversees pre and post event production tasks needed during events and manages vendor and event invoices. In coordination with the Assistant Director of Special Projects, provides organizational and logistical assistance for the Board of Overseers spouse event and the semi-annual Board of Overseers meetings.
3. Manages written research and communication as appropriate for the major gift officer regarding meetings and trip materials for national and international travel, including correspondence follow up and prospect management reports. Works collaboratively with gift officers to manage and maintain prospect relationship management system and function as liaison for processing monthly center and program updates.
4. Assists with prospect identification and prospect research including preparation and management of individual and industry research reports, online research, and maintenance of database reports; provides briefings on prospect research when applicable.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum of two years related experience required preferably with event management, sales, marketing, or customer relations.
The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills and an ability to do detailed work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced team environment. Knowledge of all basic Microsoft Office applications required. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Experience in database management preferred
Make more managerial.
Job Location City:
Job Location State:
Job Location Zip:
Fundraising Day in New York 2018
Learn about Fundraising Day in New York 2018. View now>