Iowa State University
Special Instructions Summary
Development Coordinator - College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Advertised Employing Department
Iowa State University Foundation
Base of Employment
Full or Part Time
Proposed Start Date
Proposed End Date or Length of Term
Number of Months Employed Per Year
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Ready to use your workday to contribute to something greater? Join the Iowa State University Foundation in its charge to move the university forward through philanthropy, helping thousands reach new levels of greatness. This is the place for the next change-agent – you!
In This Role, You Will…
• Provide leadership to the college’s development program including project oversight, donor issues, documentation management, and office policies and procedures related to the college and the Foundation.
• With a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy, you will work closely with development officers, foundation staff, and university partners. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Coordinate development officer travel, including researching, developing and coordinating travel arrangements. You will also help to proactively identify suspects, prospects, and donors to be scheduled for development officer visits.
• Manage development officers’ calendar entries and schedules, ensuring they are maintained and updated.
• Support and assist with collegiate events and receptions.
• Use your excellent writing skills to create, proof, edit, format and finalizing correspondence to prospects and donors. You will also generate mail merge documents and document all correspondence and call reports in databases.
• Perform a variety of duties including maintaining donor/prospect information in databases, manage accounting paperwork for gifts, and oversee expense reporting and reimbursements for development officers.
Required Education and Experience
To Be Successful, You Will Need…
• Bachelor’s degree or appropriate related years of experience at a comparable level relating to the duties required of this position.
• Minimum of eight years of related work experience required. Education may be substituted for years of work experience.
• Strong experience with word processing, databases and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office suite) along with the ability to learn in-house computer systems.
• Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with a high level of accuracy to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
• Strong commitment to confidentiality to protect important, sensitive information.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives with independence and effectiveness.
• Strong team orientation, a dedicated work ethic and a positive and professional attitude.
• Creativity, patience, a sense of humor and a belief in our organizational mission of: Aligning donor passion and generosity to advance Iowa State University’s land grant ideals.
Preferred Education and Experience
See Required Education and Experience.
Department/Program & College Description
Your Next Career Move forward…
As a key partner on the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences development team, you will prioritize how each day will unfold. Your work will directly impact the department’s strategies, goals and overall success. From putting the important finishing touches on donor messages to maximizing the efficiency of a donor visit, your role could be the difference between a simple interaction and a lasting impression.
About Iowa State University and the Ames Community
The Iowa State University Foundation has an outstanding history in fundraising. This position will join a high-performing team of more than 125 who are excited to enrich Iowa State University through public and private support. The ISU Foundation has been acknowledged from multiple publications as a top place to work.
Department Contact Name
Department Contact Phone
Department Contact Email
Location (if other than Ames)
This vacancy is posted for the ISU Foundation. It is not an Iowa State University position.
We Can Help You Move forward…
You’ve put in a lot of work to get where you are today, and now you’re ready to utilize your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve even more. Make the next step count – move forward with us!
To apply, visit our Careers page on our website and include the following items:
• Cover letter with salary requirements
• Three professional references’ names and contact information
Guaranteed Consideration Date
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Default Template - Affiliates
Iowa State is an international university with a friendly welcoming personality. Students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries come to Ames, Iowa, to choose from 100 majors, study with world-class scholars and hone their leadership skills in 800-plus student organizations. Iowa State offers a great environment where students can enjoy reaching their potential and discovering their passions.