The Fistula Foundation
Posted: February 8, 2018
Location: California, United States
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Category: Annual fund, Donor relations, Major gifts
Employment Level: Full-time
Fistula Foundation - Development Officer
About Fistula Foundation (FF):
An estimated one million women in Africa and Asia suffer from obstetric fistula, a debilitating childbirth injury that leaves a woman incontinent and, as a result, often abandoned by her husband and shunned by her community. The only cure is surgery, which we deliver through on-the-ground partners in more than 20 countries including Ethiopia and Bangladesh. Quite simply, these surgeries change womens livesand their families lives--forever.
We have the dynamism of a lean start-up team with the stability of a mature organization, including a $5M reserve and $6M endowment. Our supporters love to share stories about how weve touched their lives, as seen in more than 600 stories on *******************. And we have 12 years of 4-star Charity Navigator ratings along with a consistent A from Charity Watch. Weve earned the recognition of high-profile leaders, from two-time Pulitzer Prize winner, Nicholas Kristof, to internationally renowned ethicist, Peter Singer.
Fistula Foundation is looking for a creative and motivated frontline fundraising professional to be an integral part of our expanding Development team. Over the last decade, FFs most generous donor community has grown substantially. Today, 80% of our total giving each year is from donors making annual gifts of $1,000 . Our CEO focuses on high-level, long-term engagement with select top donors in close partnership with the Sr. Director, Donor Relations who serves as main point of contact for $10,000 donors/prospects. Your role will focus on serving as main point of contact for donors/prospects giving $1,000 to $9,999 annually, which we define as midlevel donors.
Strong teamwork is essential for success in this role. You will be joining a small, dedicated staff that is highly integrated in its work and focused on collaboration. You will work closely with Development team members including the Development Associate, whose role focuses on logistics and implementation of large-scale fundraising and stewardship mailing projects, and report directly to the Senior Development Manager, Donor programs to implement an existing engagement plan.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelors degree and a minimum of 2-4 years of fundraising experience in a similar position. Experience with and a passion for fundraising and donor service work is preferred.
- Basic knowledge and expertise regarding solicitation of annual and special gifts.
- Exceptional and versatile project management skills, strong time-management skills and superior interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Excellent donor communications experience and attention to detail (phone, email, and in-person etiquette) with an emphasis on building trust among a wide range of donors and colleagues.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate written donor materials, proposals, giving impact updates and thank you letters.
- Sound judgment, stellar track-record and interest in learning/continuous improvement.
- Strong teamwork is essential for this role. Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines with a strong work ethic. As a small, lean organization, every member of our team must be willing and able to pitch in with tasks large and small.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines; quick turnaround on key projects is essential for success.
- The ability to listen and to be inquisitive and eager to learn from other Foundation staff about our work and our partners in the field - which is used for top donor stewardship and cultivation.
- Demonstrated interest in continual development of professional skills/expertise.
- Integrity, humility, optimism, a sense of humor and a strong work ethic.
- Experience with or demonstrated interest in international poverty alleviation, womens health and/or the advancement of women is desirable, though not required.
Including but not limited to:
- Manages a large portfolio of midlevel donors who give between $1,000 and $9,999
- Identify, cultivate and solicit donors; working with staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Responsible for implementing an existing development plan for the midlevel donor segment that is integrated into the overall development plan, including resource management.
- Steward donors through extensively personalized written communications to conduct gift conversations and provide timely giving impact updates, including handwritten signatures and notes.
- Selective one-on-one engagement through phone calls and Skype video calls as well as face-to-face visits with local supporters.
- Extensively utilized handwritten signatures and notes.
- Work closely with Senior Development Manager and other team members to ensure coordination with organizational fundraising efforts.
- Support Senior Development Manager in logistics and implementation of fundraising and stewardship mailing projects targeting midlevel donor prospects. Coordinating, organizing and doing quality control on internal efforts to produce, hand-sign and customize targeted mailing projects.
- Manage donor records in Raisers Edge including reporting, tracking and coding for contact, solicitations and stewardship.
- Assist in the creation and preparation of proposals and impact reports to individual donors.
- Coordinate midlevel donor mailings, including customizing of thank you letters to top donors.
- Coordinate midlevel donor engagement including speaking 1:1 with select donors, correspondence, special projects such as scheduling donor visits and group calls.
- Responsible for creating and executing informative, detailed, and timely responses to donor inquiries.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
How We Will Invest in You:
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture
The Fistula Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a 403b match, and a generous vacation plan that begins in Year 1. We also offer a Competitive salary with potential for bonuses and increases based on performance.
Our team prioritizes gratitude, initiative, productivity, and teamwork. We celebrate the successes of our team and our partners. We value creativity and passion for our mission, while encouraging our teammates to live healthy lives. We believe in work-life balance and the 40-hour work week. Were a dog-friendly office with weekly fruit delivery, paid gym memberships, and a supportive office culture.
How to Apply:
Please send your rsum and a thoughtful cover letter that articulates your interest and qualifications for this position via email to: Kimberly Adinolfi, Senior Development Manager, Donor Programs, Fistula Foundation, ******************************.
This Fistula Foundation job opportunity is open for receiving applications as of 2/7/18. First priority review will take place on 2/28/18. We will respond to all applicants.
Fistula Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity among its applicant pool. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds, especially racial and ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans to apply for this position.
More Matching Jobs
Environmental Justice Director
Fluoride Action Network
District of Columbia, United States
Executive Director, Arts & Culture Nonprofit
Lambda Literary Foundation
California, United States
Director of Planned Giving for the Upstate Foundation, Inc.
The Upstate Foundation, Inc.
New York, United States
California, United States
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
The Fistula Foundation