About Chadwick School
Palos Verdes Peninsula, California
TBD Based on degree and years
Full Time - Administration
4 Year Degree
Please apply on the Chadwick School website - chadwickschool.org - Click on About Us then go to employment
The Director of Development is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the processes and activities that engage parents and major gift prospects and strengthen connections between them and the life of the school. The Director of Development will develop and execute strategic plans and programs to increase fundraising capacity at Chadwick School, both for operating support and toward
Boldly Forward: The Campaign for Chadwick School
. This includes identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift donors, prospects, and corporations and foundations as part of a major gifts portfolio. The Director will provide leadership to Chadwick School’s signature Development events and recruit, motivate, and train effective volunteers for these activities. This position reports to the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations, is a senior member of the Development team, and has three direct reports.
· Working with the Executive Director of Development and key staff and volunteers, develop and implement a moves management process that includes cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for prospects.
· Personally cultivate and solicit a portfolio of prospects annually.
· Write proposals for corporate, foundation, and major gift donors and prospects.
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Development Department including inquiries, correspondence, research, database maintenance, gift acknowledgements, and budget.
· Assure that information systems and department processes and procedures are efficient and effective. Assist in the creation and management of a solicitation and stewardship tracking system.
· Plan, coordinate and implement all signature Development events including the annual golf tournament, Legacy Dinner, Dolphin Dinner, Family Day, the Scholars Luncheon, and other special events as needed.
· Recruit, motivate, and train effective volunteers to lead and/or support fundraising activities as needed.
· Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from the constituency base; routinely identify and qualify prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports, and attendance at prospect management meetings.
· Supervise and mentor three Development Associates who are responsible for gift processing, stewardship, event planning, and the Chadwick School archives.
· Maintain working knowledge of campus news.
· Execute other duties as assigned.
Education, experience and skill requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of 8 years of development experience.
· Strong preference given to individuals with experience soliciting and closing major gifts.
· Track record of collaboration with development volunteers and trustees.
· Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
· Ability to work well under pressure and be responsive to deadlines.
· Demonstrably strong writing, planning and organizational skills.
· Entrepreneurial minded self-starter with a desire to build a major gifts program.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a great attitude and willingness to assist wherever needed.
· Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines and direct the work of others.
· Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel; preference for experience in Raiser’s Edge, Gmail and Google Platform.
· Commitment to the values and mission of Chadwick School.
· High professional and ethical standards for handing confidential information.
Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed and attend professional conferences and trainings.
Required Assessment: TB Clearances: Livescan Background check
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the position
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Chadwick School
Chadwick is a K-12 coeducational non-denominational independent day school located on a beautiful 45-acre campus on a hill overlooking mountains, canyons and the Pacific Ocean. Founded as a boarding school in the 1930's in what was then a remote area of Los Angeles County, the school has retained its rural charm and relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. Thirty-three faculty and staff families reside on campus, adding to a strong sense of community and shared aspirations. The school is dedicated to academic excellence and to the development of the character and individual gifts of its students. The school’s challenging academic offerings are therefore complemented by extensive programs in community service, outdoor education, athletics and the arts, in which virtually all students participate. Chadwick is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, disability, marital status, medical condition, national origin, religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation and race, or any other applicable law prohibiting discrimination in employment. This commitment applies to all empl
oyees and agents of the school, including the headmaster, division and department directors, supervisors and co-workers.
More Jobs from This Employer
More Jobs Like This
Director of Admissions
Pardes Jewish Day School
Advancement Associate, Special Events and Alumni Relations
Palo Alto, California
International School of the Peninsula
Lower School/ ASP Teaching Assistant
Catlin Gabel School
BACK TO TOP
Help is on the way!
We're sorry you are having trouble applying for this job.
Please try loading this job using the following link before submitting your help request:
Please provide details:
Submit Help Request
© National Association of Independent Schools
About Chadwick School