**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks an experienced professional to serve as Deputy Director in its Northwest Regional office. Working as an important member of the newly constituted Western Regional team, s/he will be responsible for collaboratively executing a plan in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest that grows the organization’s leadership ranks, raises operating and political funds, and advances the pro-Israel, pro-peace agenda in the American policy and Jewish communal arenas.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s mission is to change both the way American politics and the American Jewish community operate when it comes to Israel and the U.S.-Israel relationship. The regional offices focus on cultivating local leadership to build the organization’s political and Jewish communal power to achieve those goals.
The ideal candidate will have a background in fundraising as well as politics and/or the Jewish community. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to join an organization whose influence and reach are growing enormously year-to-year.
The Deputy Regional Director is part of an eight-person team located throughout the Western U.S. that works closely with, and depends on, local volunteer leaders to achieve fundraising, advocacy, political and communal goals. The DRD’s job is an exciting blend of fundraising, leadership development, political advocacy, electoral politics and Jewish community relations. This position calls for frequent travel across the region.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Implementing the strategic plan for the region to achieve fundraising, advocacy, political, and communal goals;
· Cultivating and manage relationships with existing regional donors, with an eye on maintaining and increasing their financial support for **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. as well as identifying and engaging new prospective donors;
· Working with supporters to build strong advocacy networks geared towards nurturing ongoing relationships with Senators and Members of Congress;
· Building and maintaining relationships within **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and among local supporters with federal campaigns, and raising money and support for JStreetPAC-endorsed candidates; and
Ensuring that **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is appropriately represented at relevant community events and that the organization and its leaders are engaging with the established leaders of the Jewish community locally, attempting both to enlist allies in advocacy to advance pro-Israel, pro-peace positions and to open up the dialogue in the Jewish community on Israel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· A minimum of 6 years of experience in development, as well as politics, advocacy, and/or Jewish communal work;
· A personally engaging style: A master of relationship-building with a positive and proactive approach to working with leadership and other supporters;
· A track record of success in previous fundraising as well as political or Jewish communal work;
· Strong organizational skills; Able to prioritize multiple tasks as well as reconcile competing priorities, conscientious, intentional, trustworthy, and dependable, with an eye for details;
· Strong team skills: The ability to work within a structure that includes team members in multiple locations; and
· A strong commitment to **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s mission and a desire to become policy fluent on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and Middle East politics.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience. Duties may fluctuate based on **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. event and staff travel schedules. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, paid time off on federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k and flexible spending account.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date: