The Development Manager will work as a writer on the development and communications team to raise funds and awareness of the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (CCH). This position will focus on CCH’s work with foundations and individual donors. This includes but is not limited to writing grant proposals and progress reports to private foundations, writing letters and other materials for individual donor cultivation and retention, and writing blog articles about our community leaders and issues related to homelessness and advocacy.
This position reports to the Director of Foundation Relations and Media, working with other members of the development team and the organization to advance CCH’s mission.
About the Organization
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a 38-year old systemic advocacy organization.CCH develops campaigns and initiatives to address the causes of homelessness – lack of affordable housing, lack of access to health care and services, and lack of jobs paying a living wage. We place much emphasis on organizing and developing leaders who have experienced homelessness to become spokespersons and leaders of our various initiatives. CCH does its work in accordance with its organizational values – collaboration, integrity, strategic action, compassion, and intersectionality. We recognize that homelessness is a problem that stems from systemic racism and that biases and prejudices are embedded in the fabric of society, and thus, also permeate organizations like ours. CCH is committed to advancing racial equity in the workplace through the work of our racial equity committee and through the campaigns and initiatives we choose.
o Develop, write and submit grant requests, including letters of inquiry and proposals, sharing responsibility for the organization’s grant portfolio with the Director of Foundation Relations and Media.
o Track, research and write required grant reports.
o Collaborate with staff to develop proposals and grant reports.
o Research prospective new funders.
o Coordinate staff site visits with foundation officials.
o Support direct mail campaigns by writing appeal letters and other relevant materials.
o Write letters to individual major donors, sharing updates on issue areas of interest to the donor.
o Write content for thank you letters sent to select individual donors, and those sent to donor groups.
o Provide support as needed for donor research and analysis.
o Write and edit content, including blog articles and profiles, for the CCH website.
o Assist in editing CCH communications, including Action Alerts, social media posts, and occasional reports.
o Manage a social media channel, as needed.
o Work with staff to develop strategies to improve organizational visibility.
o Assist with creation of the annual development strategy.
o Fulfill other duties as required.
We are looking for candidates who excel at writing and project management who can work collaboratively in a team environment and work to advance racial equity.
• Four to six years’ professional experience as a writer or grant writer
• Demonstrated ability to write detailed program information accurately, clearly, and succinctly
• Proven ability to manage overlapping deadlines and be self-organized
• An ability to write collaboratively on deadline and accepting of editorial feedback
• The ability to interview diverse staff and people experiencing homelessness and to write about their work and lives in a thoughtful, respectful manner
• The ability to handle periodic flexibility in scheduling, including evening meetings or working late if needed to meet a deadline
• An interest in social justice and issues related to poverty
• An understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
• Interest in following the mainstream media on issues related to poverty and homelessness, education, politics and governance
• An interest in charitable fundraising
$48,000 - $52,000, depending on experience
Excellent benefits include health, dental and life insurance, a 401(K) match, four weeks’ vacation, and a sabbatical program.
• Submit two to three writing samples, preferably including a proposal or solicitation letter, that show an ability to write for a variety of audiences. Interviewed candidates will take a writing test.
• Listed references from two to three employers and supervisors who can speak to the applicant’s writing and editing skills.
• Please send resume, cover letter with listed references, and writing samples to ****
Applications must be received by August 6, 2018.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. believes that personnel diversity is an organizational strength and recognizes and values the intersectional identities that staff members bring to our organization. We are enriched by the diverse experiences, beliefs, and ways of thinking that employees of different backgrounds bring.
People of color and people who have experienced homelessness or poverty are strongly encouraged to apply. Fair consideration is given to all qualified applicants regardless of criminal record. CCH is committed to providing equal employment consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
please e-mail your resume to ****
, please follow the instructions above.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.