NRDC Action Fund
Action Fund Director of Development
ion Fund Director of Development
The NRDC Action Fund is seeking a Director of Development to oversee fundraising in this critical area.This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC.The Action Fund Director of Development plans, directs, and executes all fundraising activities for the NRDC Action Fund, with the goal of substantially increasing the current $2.7M budget.The Action Fund Director of Development is responsible for working with senior leadership to design and execute qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for a growing portfolio of major and principal gift donors and prospects at the five, six, and seven figure levels. S/he will be a member of a national team of major gifts professionals.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for new fundraising efforts that will expand and diversify the funding base.
• Personally cultivate and solicit high-level gifts from a portfolio of current and prospective donors.
• Work collaboratively with senior management, program staff, development colleagues, Board members and others to expand comprehensive, timely and innovative stewardship opportunities. Elevate the importance of stewarding all gifts and programs in ways that strengthen donor interest in, satisfaction with, and commitment to the NRDC Action Fund.
• Coordinate with NRDC Chief Development Officer and Chief Board Relations Officer to cultivate and strengthen support of the NRDC Action Fund from members of the NRDC Board of Trustees.
• Incorporate fundraising for the NRDC Action Fund PAC into the donor development program, as legally permissible.
• Partner with and support NRDC’s Action Fund leadership, Development and Board leadership with respect to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts for the Action Fund, and utilize their time and talents appropriately;ensure their effectiveness as spokespersons and fundraisers for the NRDC Action Fund.
• Plan, execute, or support cultivation and fundraising events as needed to advance the goals of the NRDC Action Fund.
• Ensure that the Action Fund donor advocacy program is well integrated with NRDC’s larger donor advocacy program.
• Develop and maintain exper tfamiliarity with programmatic needs, budgets, and priorities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The Action Fund Director of Development must be a highly skilled fundraiser with 5-10 years of well-rounded fundraising experience, including a track record of successfully and strategically identifying, cultivating, and stewarding donors at the $50k level.
• Political fundraising experience and expertise in the nuances of C3/C4/PAC-related fundraising are required.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Ability to interface effectively with the highest level of NRDC Action Fund donors and senior staff members and members of the Board of Directors
• Ability to plan strategically and build long-term relationships with donors and prospects
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, complex fundraising activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with advocacy or environmental groups a plus
• Knowledge and interest in electoral politics preferable
• Experience with fundraising campaigns a plus
• Passion for the mission and goals of the NRDC Action Fund
• The Action Fund Director of Development will manage the Development staff of the NRDC Action Fund, currently a Senior Development Associate. Must have experience managing and mentoring staff and the ability to coach fundraisers to increasing levels of success.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs
and upload your resume and cover letter
through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-866-803-9663
. For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
NRDC Action Fund
Job Location City:
Job Location State:
Job Location Zip: