Location: US - California - San Francisco (HQ)
US - Remote
Post Date: 02/06/2018
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and--above all--connections. ************** gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and education institutions so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good. Were here to help; visit us at **************.
We are looking for a talented, self-directed, Director, Industry Solutions who is passionate about working closely with customers to deliver market drive solutions. The Director will define technology solution sets and drive go-to-market strategy, execution, and messaging to help revolutionize the nonprofit sector. This is an amazing opportunity to have impact with thousands of nonprofits, while working on the worlds best platform for delivering impactful applications. The team is one where self-directed individuals thrive, and one where your vision for increasing the impact of technology in the social change sector can be realized.
As a market planner and spokesperson you will play a critical role within the Nonprofit Industry Solutions team. You will have direct responsibility for monitoring nonprofit fundraising technology trends relevant to Salesforces product set, qualifying these trends, quantifying industry impact on business planning, determining major areas of current and potential Salesforce product focus, and outlining product and go-to-market strategies to maximize solutions sales to nonprofit institutions.
You will also function as an internal advocate for the Nonprofit market at ************** and drive strategic planning as well as execution associated with major product initiatives, solutions and sales campaigns.
This role will partner closely with Product Management, Product Development, Sales, Marketing, Alliances and Customer Success. With a solid understanding of Salesforce technologies and the Nonprofit market you will cultivate a variety of channels to gain and quantify market insight, define major market success themes, and drive nonprofit-specific product innovation in support of overall strategy and revenue targets. This role will report to the VP Nonprofit Industry Solutions and Strategy and will be a key member of a growing innovative industry solutions team
* Develop single- and multi-year business plans for the Nonprofit market, cross referenced to viable product, sales, product integration, and marketing milestones and resources.
* Identify key product or solution gaps and recommend viable alternatives to closing these gaps.
* Identify and execute on both short-term and medium-term product and solutions alternatives or extensions from within current technology set which can meet current Nonprofit needs and positively impact short-term business objectives, including packaging, bundling, targeted/improved pricing strategies, and sales/marketing enhancements.
* Work cross-functionally to build medium- and long-term product plans and roadmap requirements specific to overall Nonprofit planning and success.
* Act as the primary go-to-market lead for recruiting/admissions and advancement, working closely with Sales, Product Management, Alliances/Partner and the Customer Success teams to understand sales trends/dynamics, team -performance, client feedback, and direct and nuanced solution/product imperatives.
* Develop relationships with key Nonprofit clients and client thought leaders to help inform decision making and provide advocacy for our solutions in-market. Act as lead for internal, client, and industry forums to convey product strategy and roadmap, and solicit client and market feedback.
* Analyze potential partner relationships to enhance overall product roadmap planning, as well as identified outside the current solution but evident within industry trend analysis.
* Assist throughout the product development lifecycle by actively participating in product requirements development, product design specifications, market testing, pricing and packaging analysis, and go-to-market readiness. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
* 5 years experience as a product manager or product marketer for nonprofit technologies or related technology discipline.
* Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative products, preferably with familiarity of the cloud/SaaS and CRM technologies.
* Understanding of agile software development and integration technologies
* Analytical and highly experienced pulling from a variety of data sets. Able to synthesize results for critical strategic-level implications. Effective within business planning and modeling tools to include excel or other financial/ CRM solutions. Excellent at modeling what-if scenarios.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Comfortable and effective in small group and large group presentations. Experience and a proven track of participating in industry forums or critical sales cycles. Compelling and accurate writing ability.
* Collaborative. Proven ability to work cross functionally and informally to achieve overall business objective and product sales and go-to-market results.
* Passion for technology, and its opportunity to help nonprofits deliver impact.
* Up to 25% travel including occasional international travel required. LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
* Think Strategically - Knows what it takes to give your business the competitive advantage. Ability to see the forest through the trees in a dynamic environment. Can develop relevant, sustainable solutions. Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
* Make Smart Decisions - Analyzes and synthesizes broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight. Makes an impact.
* Focus on Customer Success - Builds and maintains relationships with customers; shapes solutions that have significant positive impact on their business.
* Flexibility - As to be expected in a startup-like environment, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility is required.
* Drive Results - Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on both the bottom line and customer success.
* Collaborate & Communicate - Works well within a team environment. Writes and presents effectively in 1:1 and group situations. Inspirational to engineers, designers and market facing teams on a collective vision. Gives others a voice.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.salesforce.com
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Our social and mobile cloud technologies—including our flagship sales and CRM applications—help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways.