Work Activities of Corporate Fundraising Jobs
The various tasks of corporate fundraising jobs include:
- Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities as many of these are event based.
- Developing and coordinate web based fundraising and online auctions.
- Working with all forms of media and producing supporting materials such as posters, websites and newsletters.
- Building and maintaining profitable and long term fundraising relationships with potential donors.
- Overseeing Corporate fund raising that includes employee giving and matched giving from employees.
- Preparation of mail shots and correspondence.
- Managing and updating of databases to record the donor contact and preference information.
- Monitoring income and expenditure against budgets and targets.
- Preparing reports for both donors and business houses involved in charity and fundraising.
- Generating increased income from existing sources
- Identifying and researching potential revenue funding opportunities.
- Raising the base level of fundraising
- To administer and manage all existing fundraising activities.
- Identify major opportunities and prepare information on possible and relevant fundraising organizations.
- To build and maintain funding relationships and partnerships.
- Developing and promoting the fundraising by building up databases of new donors and supporters.
- To organize and deliver community fundraising events.
- To ensure that the information in the records is filled accurately and in accordance to the company’s policies.
- Managing and distribution of fundraising appeals through electronic correspondence such as newsletters, year books and other mediums deemed by the organization.
- Work with local businesses to promote the organization and establish a local business network of support.
- Must have the ability to work alone and manage workload.
The working of fund-raising professionals demands flexibility in thoughts and attitude towards other members of the organization. The job description varies from organization to organization as every organization has a different perspective towards fund raising.
Essentials to become a proficient corporate fundraising Professional
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience within a community or corporate fundraising environment.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail from personal letter writing to formal applications.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Self motivated and creative thinker.
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to motivate others
- Excellent organizational skills.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities.